12/12/2015

Kids Can Do The Trim Healthy Mama Plan Too!

..."I'm reading the book right now and I'm curious to talk more to people who have used it in their families... do your kids eat that way too? I know we need to make some changes to our diet, but it's always so intimidating when I don't have much time to think about such things"...
winkhymiö


At first I was making huge meal plans for 4 weeks at a time. I would then incorporate different meals in for myself, so that I would stay "on plan", yet my kids would get more "fillers" as they are at a growing age and I was in a de-growing age ha ha!

That didn't last long. It was too much work, intimidating and too stressful. I couldn't give that much time in the kitchen, hovering over the stove and oven, making custom made meals for me and the rest of the family. I was having to go back to two separate recipes constantly to keep up with the cooking, losing my page marks and it kind of robbed the joy out of an awesome life style.

It wasn't until I called it quits and regressed into my old habits again that I had to come up with another plan. I wrote up another meal plan, first I made a 2 week meal plan, then I really cut lots out, and came up with a "7 Day Master Meal Plan" that I knew would keep us happy for some time. I know, I never thought that I could come up with 7-14 meals that we would happily eat over and over again, and yet I did! Let's see how long it takes to bore my family to tears. 

In my 7 Day Master Meal Plan I made sure that I didn't have to cook seperate meals, and that it was a no-brainer for me. Depending what meal (S, E, FP, S Helper) I was eating, I could just assemble my plate with ease at each meal sitting.

So basically, I wrapped up everyone's favourite meals and made them Trim Healthy Mama proof, and voila! So just as an encouragement, there is no need to give up the meals that you already love to eat or are at ease preparing for your family.

Here is my 7 Day Master Meal Plan (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)

Day 1

  • Cereal (THM approved) with unsweetened almond mylk. You can easily make your own granola!
  • Deli Sandwiches, veggies and dip. We buy Ezekiel bread from Superstore.
  • Chicken stir fry with noodles (troodles or konjac noodles for me!)
Day 2
  • Apple-Cinnamon Oats, home made.
  • Fried eggs on toast, veggies and dip. I  can easily just have the eggs and veggies and dip.
  • Taco Tuesday. Normally, I've made a big batch of Wonder Wraps, and use them as my tortillas.
Day 3
  • Cheese and deli wraps.
  • PB sandwiches, veggies and dip. 
  • Pasta Bolognese with spaghetti squash
Day 4
  • Cereal
  • Quesadillas (THM approved tortillas or Wonder Wraps)
  • Chilli/Cheeseburger Pie/Enchillada. The new cookbook has these recipes. YUM!
Day 5
  • Apple-Cinnamon Oats
  • Refried Bean Burritos
  • Chic pea curry/ eating out
Day 6
  • Wraps
  • European wieners/meatballs with homemade sweet potato fries and side salad.
  • Salmon, greens and quinoa/brown rice
Day 7
  • Cereal
  • Pancakes -the lot! (Bacon, whip cream, berries, eggs...)
  • Bacon and cauliflower bake.
So this is what we'll be eating for the next how ever many weeks until we get completely tired of it. Of course there'll be days we'll be out and about, eating in restaurants or visiting and our menu will differ. Maybe there'll be days that we go "hey, I'm in the mood for _______" and lunch might change, but generally, this is it.

I encourage you to purchase the new Trim healthy Mama Cook Book. If you don't know about the plan yet, get the Trim Healthy Mama Plan as well. You will not regret it. You will change and you'll begin to see changes so fast that you won't wanna quit! Like I said in my previous post HERE, this plan is for all age groups, pregnant or nursing, all genders -this is no diet. This is for life.

The food is great, everything is on plan unless you're allergic to it and you will not be deprived in anyway, shape or form.. well, except for excess body fat- I'll take that! You will bloom! Here are a few before and after pictures of what THM did for me in just a few months. Incredible. I still cannot get over it. 




I assure you that I have no make up on whatsoever in these pictures. If anything this is my NSV, today this is my NSV (Non Scale Victory)!

If you do want to try out the THM plan, please consider ordering books/products through THIS LINK For those who do not know me personally, I am a homeschooling mother of 4, and through my affiliated link, you support my family :) I thank you.


What does your menu look like? What are your Non Scale Victories?

Follow me on Instagram @trimhealthycathy

5 comments:

  1. Love this! Your NSV is amazing! :)

    I am just now reading the THM plan. I'm finding it a bit intimidating learning the terminology, but everyone who uses it has assured me that it does get easier to understand with time. And I'm enjoying it just for the sheer enjoyment of reading their writing style!

    Thanks for sharing! I love reading about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what recipe do you use for pancakes that you can have bacon with? looked yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.holytempleunderrenovation.blogspot.ca/2015/10/pancakes-s-meal.html this one! :)

      Delete
  3. So inspiring...your skin looks amazing!! Have you been taking any other remedies for your skin, or applying topical treatments? I would appreciate any pointers you can give, as my skin needs all the help it can get :)Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! I did not use any other remedies or topical treatments. However, only recently have I started using the "Spunj", and I love it! Clean and holistic eating, the Trim Healthy Mama way, helped me a lot! I was on "S" meals more than "E"s, though? I drank lots of their drinks from the new cook book -may have helped loads! Hang in there! it will happen, xo

      Delete