09/10/2015

My Top 10 - October

Dear blog readers, I'm so sorry I have been M.I.A! I can't even list the reasons why, I just haven't had the time.

However, I'm here now! And to pick up from where I left, here are My Top 10.


  1. De-Itemizing to the core! I am going through some rough growing pains and have taken de-itemizing to a whole new level. For those who don't know what de-itemizing is, read HERE. Stay tunes for what has happened and what is to come!
  2. Crock Pot- I can't live without these days. I am following the THM plan, mostly S's for my personal reasons (pregnancy related- and no we're not expecting -yet!) and I'm loving the recipes, and the hands free approach.
  3. Talking about the 'hands free'. I am reading this book AGAIN- can't memorize it enough! I put together a group of 10 mothers, who get together weekly at my home (with tea and cookies *wink*) and discuss each chapter, how it's affecting our lives. A life changing book. Check out the BLOG
  4. Sparkling water. Cans after cans... I would like a soda stream! Freedom from cans and freedom to create my own flavours. Sparkling vitamin water, anybody??
  5. Be Fruitful and Multiply - Nancy Campbell - a very educating eye opening book.
  6. Matthew 6:19-24 -look it up!
  7. Scentsy, I can't get enough of Scentsy! My home smells ever so good, especially now during autumn... *mmmmm*
  8. The Purpose of Christmas, -R.Warren. Yeah it may be early BUT, I'm reading it to my kids in the space of a month, early enough to focus on the real REASON for when Christmas does come around. I'm liking the conversations that follows after each chapter. I don't recommend reading it to kids younger than 6, however I do explain it simply as I read.
  9. Developing photos and going timeless. What ever happened to the time when a picture was enough without embellishments? I love scrapbooking and I love paper crafts... but right now, I love the fact that pictures themselves are enough and are in albums right away. They can be enjoyed right away.
  10. Trust and Obey -blog. Perhaps my favourite blog at the moment? Such an encouraging and information-full site for HG moms (and all moms!!) and homeschooling families walking in Christ. 
and this may be #11 but must add -Trim Healthy Mama for a complete clear complexion and more of scale and non scale victories! HERE

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, thank you for sweet #10! You are so kind. I don't think I've ever been called someone's favorite blog before, so this is such a fun honor. :)

    I am reading "Hands Free Mama" right now and absolutely loving it. I thought I'd come off okay because I have quit Facebook and don't have a phone, but I still am convicted about my dedication to my to-do list and my hurry-hurry-hurry attitude when it comes to our schedule. I have found so many things that I need to work on!

    I read "Be Fruitful and Multiply" a few years back and loved it!

    And I love Crockpots - I use one or more on most days!!

    Have a great weekend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete