12/09/2013

Figs Figs Ev'rywhere!

I feel so blessed. Who would've known that the tree in our garden would produce so much fruit! Lip lickin', nectar drippin', super delicious figs! Didn't Jesus eat figs and dates? :)


Anyway, I feel so abundantly blessed. So I noticed we had some droopy looking figs on our branches, so after google'ing about them, I wasted no more time and picked as many as I could reach. My husband climbed the tree like a pro and picked the rest. The figs were oozing nectar and so sweet!



I am quite apprehensive about making jam (making it unhealthy) out of any vitamin and antioxidant rich fruits and berries, so I chose to dehydrate and freeze them. I even made fruit leather! If my mom was here, I would ask her to make me a small batch of jam to go with my cheese addiction!




and by dehydrating them, I save room... tadaa! Flat as a pancake.
When needed, I'll soak them for about 15minutes before using them in my Super Bar recipe. Which I'll post soon.

Here is a fantastic recipe for you guys to try out! You won't want to miss this opportunity to taste heaven!!

FIG-Banana Ice cream. 
((You don't need an ice cream machine to make this!))

If you don't have access to figs, then double the amount of bananas, it's just as good!

Ingredients:

  • 1 tin/can of coconut cream/milk, chilled prior (6h in fridge)
  • 2 frozen bananas (peel and chop before freezing them)
  • 2-4 frozen figs (dice them into fours before freezing them)
  • dash of salt
  • honey
In a blender, blend all, but honey, into a smooth ice cream like texture and (place into the fridge for 15minutes if it is too runny) drizzle with honey. Oh heavenly YUMMYness!


Check out my recipes HERE!

Don't forget - enter to win a FREE BOOK, HERE!

Tell me, how do you like your figs?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great ice cream recipe.
    I have some time now made home-made ice cream too. My favourite so far is banana- white chocolate.

    I mash one banana. Mix it with one cup of white-chocolate whey powder. Then I mix an eggwhite with it and into the ice cream maker to be stirred. Can also be put in a cup in the freezer and stir it every 5minutes for about an hour maybe.

    HEAVENLY!!!

    ReplyDelete